8/9/2020 - TASK 3: The Importance of Communication skills for Engineers

"Developing excellent communication skills is absolutely essential to effective leadership. The leader must be able to share knowledge and ideas to transmit a sense of urgency and enthusiasm to others. If a leader can't get a message across clearly and motivate others to act on it, then having a message doesn't even matter" 

- Gilbert Amelio, President and CEO of National Semiconductor Corp

What this quote is trying to say, is that; communication is a leader’s most important tool in his/her arsenal. By being able to effectively communicate their thoughts to peers, a leader is then able to set the tone for the rest of the project/task, in terms of exigency and morale.

Comments

  1. Thanks, Angelo! This seems like an accurate explanation to me, and I like your phrasing.
    I do have a question about this sentence's punctuation:

    What this quote is trying to say, is that; communication is a leader’s ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening Professor Blackstone, thank you for your comment.

      I think I have made the mistake of “over punctuating” my sentences. Sometimes I do write my sentences in the manner I would if read aloud.

      In hindsight, perhaps the semi colon was unnecessary.

      Would this sentence be better? - “What this quote is trying to say is that, communication is a leader’s most important too in his/her arsenal.”

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts